Thursday, February 3, 2011

DIY Ring Pillow - Martha Stewart Inspired

It's finished! I've been a diy bride and made my own ring bearer pillow. It was hands down the easiest thing I've made for the wedding! Truth be told, I made this pillow two weeks ago and am just now blogging about it. I'm going to use the old "college started up again" excuse to explain my procrastination.

For those crafty brides out there like me, you've probably been searching for the perfect ring pillow to make for your special day. I found mine on Martha Stewart's wedding website. Here's the link to the pillow that inspired me, as well as a picture:

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/creative-ring-pillows#slide_16

Martha Stewart Ring Pillow

I liked this idea but wanted to add my own spin to it. I wound up buying a yard of white satin fabric to make the pillow (with finished dimensions of 8x8). P.S. I have a TON of that fabric left, so if anyone needs to make a pillow, you know where to turn. To add some color to the pillow, I bought some pink ribbon that matches the pink rose petals that our flower girl will be tossing. Instead of making my own flower for the top, I bought a large ivory flower (I'm not sure what kind it is, but I'm thinking hibiscus). I choose an ivory flower because I wanted it to contrast with the white of the satin. I finished it off with a thin white ribbon that we'll tie our rings on.

Here's my finished product! I'm very proud of it! If anyone ever needs a ring pillow, I'd be more than happy to make one for you! 

Our ring pillow! 
Also, before I forget, if anyone wants a more detailed description of how to make a ring bearer pillow, you should visit this site. It was the best instructional I found, complete with pictures! 


Now it's onto hemming thirty squares of yellow fabric for our tabletops.... thank heavens that our wedding is happening soon so I don't keep coming up with more and more craft projects!

Keep crafting!
~Rachel 

1 comment: