Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ring Pillows

We officially have a ring bearer! Ed's cousin's son is going to do us the honor! He just happens to be the same age as our flower girl, so everything will work out just perfectly. Now I just have to pick out a pillow design. Therein the problem lies!

I really would like to incorporate our daisy theme into the pillow, but I almost think that it makes the pillow look too fun. I am also in love with the idea of doing a lace pillow. I'd just have to find the right lace pattern and then lay that over a colored piece of fabric so you'd be able to see the lace.

When I went to the fabric store today I was very discouraged because I couldn't find any fabrics in the colors I wanted. I had gone there with my list of things: yellow fabric to go under the centerpieces; ivory for the flower girl basket; lace for the ring bearer pillow.... I didn't buy any fabric! Now, I didn't want to become bride-zilla in Jo-Ann's, so I took a deep breath and continued on with my shopping mission. I left the store with a daisy cookie cutter that we're going to use as a part of our favors.

Both Ed and I think that Pablo would do a good job as a ring-dog, but I don't think that will happen. One can always dream!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. oh youre having cookie wedding favours? sounds like what i wanted to do! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I got a set of maybe six different sized flower cookie cutters. Ed is a cookie monster, so we just have to have cookies as the favor! I did get the idea from you and what a great one it is!

    Oh, and my plan is to make most of them ahead of time and freeze them (psssssst-don't tell on me!)

    ReplyDelete