Monday, October 25, 2010

Extra, Extra!

Now I think that I'm really getting into the meat and potatoes of wedding planning. But I'll get to that in a second... first things first: Last Saturday Ed and I had our engagement pictures taken, which was probably the most fun we've had in a long time. Wedding planning is exhausting and sometimes it's just nice to spend time smiling at each other for an hour while the photographer says how adorable we are. After our photo shoot, we went out for Italian and them walked down to the Monona Terrace, where we got a great view of the city! I actually just got our copy of the engagement prints in the mail today, so they should be up soon. I'm going to try an upload them to Picasa. Knowing my computer skills, this could take a while. I promise to have them up soon!!!!

Anyways, I have also found the dress that I will be wearing when I say "I do" to the love of my life. People, this is an engagement blog, so I have every right to be a little sappy every once and a while. I'm really glad that I have this out of the way too. Just another thing to check off of my list.

Now, here are the things I still have to do: Finalize the guest list; book a block of hotel rooms; sample cake; discuss the menu; DJ; flowers; centerpieces; invitations, and SAVE-THE-DATES!

So, I'm really on the ball as far as invitations go. My future Miller family and I started slicing and dicing on Sunday. I estimated that we would need to make 130 save-the-dates, but now it looks like we're going to need somewhere around 150, just so we have a couple extra. Now, my plan is to have these out by the first weekend in December. Yikes!!!!!!

Some people are starting to wonder WHY I want to make my own invitations, versus ordering them from one of the many places that sells PRE-made invitations. I have my pride and I love making things myself, so therefore, I am going to tackle this beast and all my invitations will be made with love, because I'm only getting married once and I want everything to be just so. Whew- that was long!

Anyways, I just needed to vent this out. Thanks for listening.

Love,
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment